Tier 1 Help Desk Specialist
We’re looking for a Help Desk Specialist who is passionate about technology and loves serving customers! You will be responsible for providing tremendous customer service via phone and email and in person.
Once you’re up-to-speed, you'll write about 100 emails per day and answer up to 100 calls per day. This is a significant volume, so be sure that you’re ready and able to deal with that kind of daily load. Don’t worry though-- you'll get all the help you need along the way!
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Previous tech support experience
- Strong aptitude in OS repairs, spy ware and virus removal, hardware, upgrades and troubleshooting
- Excellent communication skills over email, phone and in person
- Strong sense of empathy and strong desire to serve customers
- Good understanding of security protocols
- Must have flexible working hours
- Able to pass a background check
- Able to identify and organize tickets according to priority.
- Distribute tickets to engineers and technicians
- Assist with fieldwork as requested
- Troubleshoots minor equipment malfunctions and correct them as directed by computer operation manuals or supervisor
- Performs tasks necessary to prepare deliverable items for clients
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Ability to read computer instruction manuals and comprehend directions therein in order to remedy minor computer equipment malfunctions
- Knowledge of computer logic in order to perform tasks listed under principal duties, and responsibilities
- Knowledge of OSI model to run computer systems and to troubleshoot malfunctions
- Interpersonal skills necessary to train others in computer systems
- Ability to communicate problems with supervisors as they become known
- Must maintain confidentiality
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to provide customer with outstanding customer care and service at all times
Additional or different functions may be assigned from time to time. Employee must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) Can get along with other co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes;(b) Perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking to others; and (c) respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
Is this you? Apply today! We are excited to start the conversation!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00-13.00 /hour
Job Location: McDonough, GA 30253
Required education: High school or equivalent